The nonprofit Humane Society of El Paso seeks an experienced and passionate Executive Director with a demonstrated commitment to animal welfare and organizational excellence. We endeavor to prevent suffering, neglect, abuse and cruelty to animals, provide information, raise public awareness of animal issues and promote responsible guardianship and kindness toward all living things.
The Executive Director provides oversight to the administration of all programs and services of the organization and is responsible for implementation of the agency’s strategic plan. The Executive Director is responsible for the management and development of a dedicated team of 45 staff members and reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Other critical duties of this position include fundraising, community outreach and guiding the agency’s attainment of its mission.
Summary of Job Qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree from a four-year college or university is required;
- Minimum of 5 years of nonprofit executive management experience with demonstrated accomplishments in grant writing, fundraising, securing major and planned gifts from individual donors, foundations and corporations;
- Demonstrated record of inclusive leadership engaging staff, the Board and constituents;
- Past experience in a senior leadership role where s/he has either reported directly to or worked closely with a Board of Directors;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and a successful background in external relations;
- Demonstrated understanding of business principles applied to a nonprofit enterprise, including development and implementation of a balanced budget;
- Proficiency in computer applications, i.e., Microsoft office, Excel, databases; understanding of web based applications and their utilizations;
- Satisfactory completion of criminal & personal background checks in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act prior to employment.
- Bilingual English-Spanish desired.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply: Please send electronic copies of a cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org