Foster Department Assistant
The Nursery/Special Needs Foster Assistant will provide on-going support to foster families, process animals going into the foster program, input required data, maintain sanitation according to HSEP Foster Program established protocols.
In addition, the Nursery/ Special Needs Foster Assistant will provide animal care in the Nursery as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – outgoing, patient, professional and able to relate to a wide variety of people.
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain vital information on foster animals and parents in files and in Shelter Manager database.
- Proficient in the use of computer programs, especially Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work as a team player, supporting the overall goals of the program and the HSEP.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to show compassion and empathize with foster parents.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to follow directions and accomplish assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make appropriate decisions as necessary when Nursery/Special Needs Foster Manager is not present.
- Ability to perform physical work, bending, stooping, walking, scrubbing, mopping, lifting between 50 – 70 pounds and to stand and walk for six to eight hours or more a day.
A High School Diploma or completion of a GED program. Prefer at least one year of Vet Tech experience, working in a veterinary clinic.
If you are emailing your application, please include "Foster Department Assistant" in the subject line.