HSEP’s summer camp, Critters ‘N Kids, engages children to get involved and become animal advocates through various activities that stress an appreciation for our environment and the preservation of our natural world.
Building on your child’s love for animals, Critters ‘N Kids will give your child a new perspective on:
Caring for Animals
Preventing Animal Cruelty
Understanding Animal Behavior
Registration for the 2023 Critters ‘N Kids is full.
Bring animal welfare education into the classroom with our newly expanded virtual programs. Hosted by our very own Volunteer Coordinator Tayler Quintana.
It’s a jam packed, 40-minute virtual presentation that will teach students about the importance of humane animal treatment and the positive community impact they can make as Animal Advocates.
Choose from these exciting titles:
Get to know the HSEP – (Pre-K to 12th)
- What really happens at the Humane Society? Go behind the scenes with a live virtual tour of the facility and learn about our history.
Pet Needs – (Grades 2-3)
- Young students will love learning about our furry friends and what they need to live a happy, healthy life.
Pet Body Language – (Grade 3-5)
- Pets are people too! Learn how to properly introduce yourself to new pets as we decode dog and cat body language.
Whisker Facts – (Grade 3-5)
- It’s all about cattitude. Students will learn the importance of caring for cat colonies, Trap-Neuter-Release programs, and what to do if they find newborn kittens.
Shelter Careers – (6th – 12th)
- Explore different staff positions at HSEP as we give you a behind the scenes look into our facility.
All presentations are 40-minutes long and presented virtually. Please submit your requests 14 days in advance of your desired presentation date.
Email Education and Volunteer Coordinator Tayler Quintana for more information at email@example.com