If you see an animal that you think is in danger and you live within the city limits of El Paso, call the El Paso Police Department at (915) 832-4400 and El Paso Animal Services at (915) 212-PAWS (212-7297). If you see an abused animal outside of the city limits in the County of El Paso, make the report to the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office at (915) 546-2280.
The ASPCA recommends including several items in the report.
- A concise, written, factual statement of what you have observed. Include dates and times if possible.
- Try to get pictures of the abusive situation and the animal.
- Get written statements from others who may have witnessed the abuse.
- Keep a copy of all documents/pictures you give to the authorities.
- Be willing to be a witness at trial if necessary.