The Humane Society of El Paso does not investigate animal abuse or neglect.

Animal abuse and neglect are crimes and therefore must be handled by the appropriate enforcement agency.

If you see an animal that you think is in danger and you live within the city limits of El Paso, call the El Paso Police Department at (915) 832-4400 and El Paso Animal Services at (915) 212-PAWS (212-7297). If you see an abused animal outside of the city limits in the County of El Paso, make the report to the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office at (915) 546-2280.

The ASPCA recommends including several items in the report.

  1. A concise, written, factual statement of what you have observed. Include dates and times if possible.
  2. Try to get pictures of the abusive situation and the animal.
  3. Get written statements from others who may have witnessed the abuse.
  4. Keep a copy of all documents/pictures you give to the authorities.
  5. Be willing to be a witness at trial if necessary.